What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order or subscribe to our newsletter.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter you are name, e-mail address or mailing address. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
How we use your personal information
Where you have provided CONSENT
We may use and process your personal information where you have consented for us to do so for the following purposes
- Where you have requested a call back.
- To supply material you have specifically requested from us.
- To contact you via email with marketing information about Walls & Ceilings International Limited and our products and services.
- To share your personal information with any current or future third party partners of Walls & Ceilings International Limited.
You may withdraw your consent for us to use your information in any of these ways at any time.
Where required to perform a CONTRACT with you
- We may use and process your personal information where it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or in order to take steps at your request before entering into a contract with you including for the following purposes.
- To exchange information for warranty/aftersales.
Where it is in your VITAL INTEREST
We may use your personal information to contact you if there are any urgent safety or product recall notices to communicate to you or where we otherwise reasonably believe that the processing of your personal information will prevent or reduce any potential harm to you. It is in your vital interests for us to use your personal information in this way.
Where there is a LEGITIMATE INTEREST
We may use and process your personal information where it is necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interests as a business for the following purposes:
- For analysis, and profiling to inform our marketing strategy, and to enhance and personalise your customer or visitor experience.
- For market research in order to continually improve the products and services that we deliver to you.
- To administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, testing, statistical purposes.
- For marketing activities (other than where we rely on your consent) e.g. to tailor marketing communications or send targeted marketing messages via social media and other third party platforms.
- For the prevention of fraud and other criminal activities.
- To undertake credit checks for finance.
- To correspond and communicate with you.
- To create a better understanding of you as a customer or visitor.
- For network and information security in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss or damage, theft or unauthorised access.
- To comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights (for example where you have asked us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will keep a record of this on our suppression lists in order to be able to comply with your request)
- To enforce or protect our contractual or other legal rights or to bring or defend legal proceedings.
- For general administration including managing your queries, complaints, or claims.
What are your data protection rights?
Our Company would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access - You have the right to request Our Company for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification - You have the right to request that Our Company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure — you have the right to request that Our Company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing - You have the right to request that Our Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing - You have the right to object to Our Company's processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability - You have the right to request that Our Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorised with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
Yes (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognise your browser and capture and remember certain information
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect others or ours rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Online Privacy Protection Compliance
Because we value your privacy, we have taken the necessary precautions to comply with Online Privacy Protection. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
As part of our commitment to the privacy of our visitors, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at any time by logging into their control panel and going to the 'Edit Profile' page.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We comply with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act); we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at https://www.drywalltoolsdirect.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/
This policy was last modified on 25 April 2019
Walls & Ceilings International, Tything Road, Alcester, Warwickshire B49 6EP, UK
This policy is powered by Trust Guard PCI compliance.
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
||The association with your shopping cart.
||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.
||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.
||Your preferred currency
||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.
||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.
||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.
||Stores the Customer Segment ID
||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.
||You sesssion ID on the server.
||Allows guests to edit their orders.
||The last category you visited.
||The most recent product you have viewed.
||Indicates whether a new message has been received.
||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.
||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.
||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.
||Information on what polls you have voted on.
||The items that you have recently compared.
||Information on products you have emailed to friends.
||The store view or language you have selected.
||The products that you have recently viewed.
||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.
||The number of items in your Wishlist.